Glen Ellyn Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, March 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM
When 200 applications have been received!
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 20 years of age at time of examination (4/26/2020)
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Must be under 35 years of age at time of employment, unless otherwise exempt by Statute
- Must possess a current and valid POWER test card as of exam date (POWER test card must be issued 4/26/2019 through 4/26/2020 to be considered valid).
Must be submitted by 2:00 PM on 3/27/2020
- Online application
- Consent and Release Form (2 pages)
- Copy of high school diploma
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of a current and valid POWER test card as of exam date (POWER Card valid if issued 4/26/2019 through 4/26/2020).
Testing and Orientation Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Sunday, April 26, 2020. Doors will open for sign in at 8:00 AM, please arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID). Testing and orientation will immediately follow.
Test will be held at:
Glenbard South High School
23W200 Butterfield Rd,
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 03/27/2020. Failure to complete any portion of the application process with eliminate you for further consideration.
No refunds will be issued!