Glen Ellyn Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Monday, August 5, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. or when 200 applications have been received.
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 20 years of age at time of examination (9/7/2019)
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Must be under 35 years of age at time of employment, unless otherwise exempt by Statute
- Must possess a current and valid POWER test card as of exam date (POWER test card must be issued 9/7/2018 through 9/7/2019 to be considered valid).
Required documentation (must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on 8/5/2019):
- Online application
- Consent and Release Form (2 pages)
- Copy of high school diploma
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of a current and valid POWER test card as of exam date (POWER test card must be issued 9/7/2018 through 9/7/2019 to be considered valid).
Testing and Orientation Information:
Candidates must attend the orientation and written examination on Saturday, September 7, 2019. Sign in will begin at 8:00 AM, please arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in.
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 8/5/2019. Failure to complete any portion of the application process with eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete applications.