Geneva Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: April 17, 2019 at 4:00 PM (CST)
- $30.00 non-refundable application fee
- Must be 21 to under 35 years of age at the time of application and at such time as the final eligibility list is posted, unless exempt by statute
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- United States Citizen or an alien permitted for permanent residence
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass written examination and oral interview
- Must pass, after conditional job offer, polygraph test, medical exam, psychological exam, drug screening, and an intensive background investigation
- If hired and prior to completing probation, you must live within 25 miles from the corporate limits of the City of Geneva. Residency must be obtained before the completion of his/her probationary period
- Must have an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college/university OR have successfully completed the State of Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Training Course. The AS Degree requirement may be waived for any applicant that has served at least 24 months of active duty in the United States Armed Forces with an honorable discharge or 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty with an honorable discharge
- Valid POWER test card issued by April 17, 2019. POWER test cards are only considered valid if issued between October 17, 2018- April 17, 2019. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies.
Required Documentation due 4/17/19 at 4:00 PM (must be mailed or hand delivered):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record/proof of U.S. Citizenship. For applicants born outside U.S., a copy of Naturalization Certificate or their United States passport must be submitted.
- Copy of valid POWER test card
- Original/official college transcripts or IL law enforcement certification or DD-214 long form
applicants born outside of the United States, a copy of their Naturalization
Certificate or their United States passport must accompany the application
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, May 18, 2019. Sign-in begins at 7:30 AM and closes at 8:00 AM. Arrive with photo-identification to sign-in. No late admittance. Testing will take place in Geneva, IL.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM (CST) on April 17, 2019. Application fees are non-refundable.