Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 8, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
Starting Pay June 1, 2023: $70,506
- $10 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship
- No Felony Convictions
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of application deadline, unless exempt by state statute
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid and current IDPH licensed Paramedic at time of hire. At time of application deadline (Thursday June 8, 2023, at 4:00p.m.) applicant must be currently enrolled in an IDPH approved Paramedic program.
- Illinois Basic Operations Firefighter Certification issued from the Illinois OSFM at application deadline; no other IL OSFM certifications will be accepted.
- Valid CPAT certification with Ladder Climb at time of application deadline (valid if dated 06/08/20222 – 06/08/2023) AND at time of conditional offer of employment (CPAT considered valid for 12 months from issue date)
- Must Reside in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, or Wisconsin.
- Driver’s license requirements
a. Employees who reside in Illinois must obtain and maintain a valid Illinois Class B non-CDL.
b. Employees who reside in Indiana, Kentucky, and Missouri must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
c. Employees who reside in Iowa must obtain and maintain a valid class C CDL.
d. Employees who reside in Wisconsin must obtain and maintain a valid Class B CDL.
Required Documentation due 06/08/2023 at 4:00 p.m. – must be submitted via mail or hand delivery:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Frankfort FPD Forms (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of birth record or proof of citizenship – may include state/county issued birth record, US Passport or Naturalization Papers.
- Copy of valid IDPH EMT Paramedic license OR current letter of good standing from organization sponsoring the EMT-P enrollment
- Copy of IL OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certificate
- Copy of valid CPAT and ladder climb certification dated 06/08/2022 – 06/08/2023
- Copy of valid driver’s license from Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, or Wisconsin
Mandatory Written Exam:
Your exam will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered the week of July 10th during business hours– it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times. Candidates who require ADA accommodations must contact IOS Recruitment at least two weeks prior to exam date.
Application Process Information:
Candidates must complete the online application (you will receive a confirmation number), sign the consent and release agreement, and submit all of the required documentation listed above to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 06/08/2023. Failure to complete any portion of the application process with eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
There are no reviews yet.