Evergreen Park Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020 at 2:00 PM (CST)
- $35.00 non- refundable application fee
- U.S Citizenship or Legal Resident Status
- 22 years of age and no more than 35 years of age at time of application deadline
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License from state of residency
- Candidates must establish domicile within a 15-mile radius of the Village no later than 24 months following their initial date of hire
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must possess a valid drivers license from state of residency
- Successfully completed at least 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university as of application deadline (2/14/2020).
- Speak, read and write the English language fluently
- No criminal convictions for felonies or certain misdemeanor offenses; good moral character
- Minimum of 20/70 uncorrected vision, corrected to 20/20 in each eye, with normal color and depth perception
- Physically and psychologically qualified to sustain the labors and exposures of a Police Patrol Officer
- MUST possess a Valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test Card issued from a licensed agency within one (1) year PRIOR to exam date (3/14/2020) ** (cards considered valid ONLY if issued between 3/14/2019- 3/14/2020)
Required Documentation due by 2:00 PM on 2/14/2020 (must be mailed or hand delivered to IOS Recruitment):
- Completed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Original/Official college transcripts (showing at least 30 successful semester hours)
- Copy of valid POWER test card (must be issued 3/14/2019- 3/14/2020)
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, March 14, 2020. Doors will open for sign in at 8:00 AM, please arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a photo-ID to sign-in. No late admittance. Testing will take place in Chicago, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates approximately one week prior to the exam date.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the consent and release agreement and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 2/14/2020.
Application fees are non-refundable!