Entry Level Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Monday, December 18, 2023, at 4:00 PM CST
Starting Salary of $72,569 the first year with an increase to $88,186 after 1 year!
- U.S. citizenship or Legal Resident Status
- 22 years of age and no more than 35 years of age at time of application deadline
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License from state of residency
- Candidates must establish domicile within a 35-mile radius of the Village no later than 24 months following their initial date of hire
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from State of residency
- Successfully completed at least 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university as of application deadline.
- Speak, read, and write the English language fluently
- No criminal convictions for felonies or certain misdemeanor offenses; good moral character
- Minimum of 20/70 uncorrected vision, corrected to 20/20 in each eye, with normal color and depth perception
- Physically and psychologically qualified to sustain the labors and exposures of a Police Patrol Officer
- MUST possess a Valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test Card issued from a licensed agency within one (1) year PRIOR to exam date** (cards considered valid ONLY if issued between 01/20/2023 – 01/20/2024)
- MUST not have applied for hire with the Evergreen Park PD within the past 12 months
- Completed online application (available after download)
- Consent and release agreement (available after download)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED – college transcript will NOT be accepted in lieu
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Original/Official college transcripts (showing having earned at least 30 successful semester hours) – photocopies are NOT accepted
- Copy of valid POWER test card (must be issued 01/20/2023 – 01/20/2024)
- If applicable, copy of Military DD-214 Long form including character of discharge
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, January 20, 2024. Exact details including the location and time will be provided to those eligible to test. No late admittance.
All electronic communication devices must be left in your vehicle and will not be permitted into the testing area. All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the consent and release agreement and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 12/18/2023.
All communications will come from re*********@io*********.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.