Evergreen Park Police Department
Lateral Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2024, at 2:00 PM
Starting Salary: Two (2) years experience is $88,186.87 and three (3) or more years experience is $95,207.00
Immediate openings available!
Member of the 5th District SWAT Team!
Please be aware that any individual who has already applied during the 2023 calendar year for lateral hire with the Evergreen Park PD is not eligible for hire during this process.
- The Certified Eligible Lateral Police Officer process is limited to persons who are current, non-probationary, full-time sworn municipal police officers, State Police officers, County Sheriff’s Deputies, or college/university police officers who possess a Law Enforcement Officer Certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
- Certified corrections officers are not eligible for lateral hire
- Current status as a Police Officer for a minimum of 2 years by the application deadline, as outlined above, and currently be in good standing in the Police Department in which the person serves with no adverse employment actions
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess legal resident status at the time of the application deadline
- Be a minimum of 22 years of age at the time of original appointment and have not reached their 40th birthday at time of application deadline
- Possess High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid Illinois driver’s license
- Meet eligibility requirements for obtaining an Illinois Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card
- Speak, read, and write the English language fluently
- Minimum of 20/70 uncorrected vision, corrected to 20/20 in each eye, with normal color and depth perception
- Must reside within a 35-mile radius from the center of the Village (W. 95th St. and S. Kedzie Ave.) within 24 months of hire date
- Pass all stages of the hiring process, including but not limited to the completion of the online application, an oral interview, a background investigation, a psychological assessment, a polygraph, and a medical assessment.
Required documentation due by 2:00 PM on 01/05/2024 (must be hand delivered or mailed – email submissions not accepted):
- Complete and confirmed online application
- Consent and Release Form (2 pages)
- Employment Verification Form (1 page per Department worked required)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid State of Illinois driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of Law Enforcement Officer Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board – Reminder: corrections officer certification from the ILETSB will not be accepted in lieu
- Optional copy of Illinois Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) Card
- Optional copy of any additional Illinois Law Enforcement Training Certifications
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number – save this number for your records. You will also need to gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 01/05/2024. Failure to complete any portion of the application process will eliminate you from further consideration.
All communications will come from re*********@io*********.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
Please contact IOS Recruitment at (800)-343-HIRE or re*********@io*********.com with questions regarding the application, testing site, and required documentation before the application deadline date.