Dixon Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, April 23, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- 19 to under 35 years of age by application deadline (4/23/2021) – candidates who are 19 years of age must be 21 by date of hire
- Residency within 12.5 miles from the City of Dixon within one (1) year of date of hire
- Valid POWER test card or valid CPAT certification dated within six (6) months prior to date of written exam. Cards valid if issued between 12/15/2020- 5/15/2021. (if applicable – this is not a requirement to apply)
Required Documentation due 4/23/2021 at 2:00 PM – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Confirmed and completed online application
- Consent and release agreement
- Physical fitness certificate – must be signed by an MD or DO *due on test day – bring this with you to the PAT and exam
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of POWER test card (if applicable)
Orientation, Physical Agility, and Written Exam:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation, PAT, and written exam on Saturday, May 15, 2021. Sign in begins at 7:30 AM and closes at 8:00 AM. No late admittance. Physical agility testing is at 8:00 AM and the written exam will follow. Test will be held at Dixon Police Department, 220 S Hennepin Ave, Dixon, IL 61021. Candidates must bring their physical fitness certificate signed by a physician (MD/DO) to test day.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on Friday, April 23, 2021.
Application fees are non refundable!