Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. resident
- No felony convictions and no misdemeanor convictions for offense outlined in the Rules & Regulations of the Board of Fire & Police Commissioners (“Board’s Rules”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid Illinois driver’s license or ability to obtain one
- 20 to under 35 years of age as of the date of the written exam 10/12/2019), but must be 21 prior to appointment, unless otherwise provided by the Rules and Regulations and/or Illinois Statute.
- Illinois Department of Public Health or National Registry Paramedic License by application deadline
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Possess good moral character and sound health
- Submission of an online application and all required documents listed below by 4:00 p.m. on September 18, 2019
Required documentation (must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on 9/12/19) – no email/fax copies accepted:
- Online application
- Consent and Release Agreement (6 pages) – requires notary signature on pages 4-6
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship or U.S. Residency – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, Naturalization papers, or Permanent Residency Card
- Copy of valid IDPH or National Registry EMT-Paramedic License
- If applicable, copy of Military DD-214
- If applicable, Copy of official college transcripts
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, October 12, 2019. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with photo ID to sign-in. Testing will be held in Des Plaines, IL. Exact location will be released to eligible candidates.
Physical Ability Test:
Those who pass the written exam will be invited to the physical ability test on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at the Des Plaines Fire Station, located at 130 E. Thacker St., Des Plaines, IL 60016. Should we experience inclement weather, they physical ability test may be rescheduled for Sunday, October 20, 2019.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number (this is different than your purchase confirmation!). You will also need to print and sign (and notarize, where needed) the required release forms and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 9/18/19. All application fees are non-refundable. No refunds will be issued for any reason.