Connecticut Firefighter Testing Consortium
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, February 11, 2022
- $165 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship or legally authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- *These are the minimum threshold requirements for the testing consortium. Individual departments may hold more stringent requirements. In order to be considered for each agency you must comply with their minimum standards. Please see the department(s) job information below for specific information on requirements.
Job Information by Agency:
- Branford Fire Department
- East Hartford Fire Department
- Fairfield Fire Department
- Mansfield Fire Department
- New Canaan Fire Department
- North Haven Fire Department
- Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department
- Torrington Fire Department
- West Haven Fire Department
- West Haven-Allingtown Fire Department
- Westport Fire Department
- Willimantic Fire Department
- Wilton Fire Department
Written Exam Information:
Your exam will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions are tentatively scheduled during business hours the week of March 9th – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times.
Oral Interview Information:
Those successfully completing the written examination must attend the oral interview. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for April 9, 2022. Interviews will be conducted in a virtual format. Additional details and instructions on how to register for an interview will be provided after the written examination.
Documentation required by the deadline:
Online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
Certification and license form (available after purchase)
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid driver’s license
Copy of birth record (passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers, green card)
Before completing purchase! Be sure that you meet the minimum requirements and can supply the supporting documentation by the application deadline. No refunds will be issued for any reason.
Please contact IOS Recruitment at CTFire@iosolutions.com with any questions.