Cicero Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, October 20, 2023, at 2:00 PM
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- 21 to 34 years of age at time of application (age exemptions for one-year minimum active military duty or one year actively working as a sworn law enforcement officer)
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write the English language
- Must possess 30 college credit hours (applicants with one year of active military duty or certified police officer may be eligible for an exemption. Please provide DD 214 or state certificate as applicable when returning application.)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (must be able to obtain Illinois DL at time of employment)
- Must have no criminal background
- Must have a current POWER Test Card- valid if dated 10/20/2022 – 10/20/2023
Required Documentation due by 2:00 p.m. (CST) on 10/20/2023 (no faxes/emails accepted):
- Online Application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Town of Cicero Additional Release Forms & Waivers (8 pages) – available after purchase – notary signatures are required
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent – college transcripts and diplomas are not accepted in lieu of this document
- Copy of official college transcripts showing proof of 30 college credit hours OR a copy of your college/university diploma reflecting having earned an associates or bachelors degree
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State issued birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of valid POWER test card – must be dated 10/20/2022 – 10/20/2023
- Copy of Military DD-214, if applicable
- Copy of IL Board of Standards and Training Certificate, if applicable
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend:
- Mandatory Orientation and Written examination on Saturday, December 2, 2023
- Oral Interviews will be Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Additional details will be provided to those eligible.
Those that successfully attend the orientation and successfully complete and pass the written exam and oral interview will have the opportunity to collect preference points. Preference points will be offered in the following categories: military and residency.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 10/20/2023. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.