Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $65, 100
One(1) Immediate Opening!
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license at the time of application, must obtain a valid Illinois CDL or exempt license once hired
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible for hire and less than 35 years of age prior to an offer of employment, unless exempt by IL state statute
- Illinois OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification due by application deadline
- IDPH EMT-P Certification prior to offer of employment
- CPAT/Ladder Climb certification must be issued within one year prior to scheduled oral interview (11/9/2021 – 11/10/2022)
- Must obtain Firefighter III / Advanced Firefighter Technician certificate issued by the Office of the State Fire Marshal within three years of employment
- Must obtain Fire Apparatus Engineer certificate issued by the Division of Personnel Standards and Education of the State Fire Marshal’s Office within 24 months of employment
- Color vision adequate to identify red, green, and yellow color. Far visual acuity: 20/30 binocular each eye (corrected) with the ability to use a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus through a corrected lens face piece or contact lens. Peripheral vision of 140 degrees or better
Required Documentation due September 29, 2022 – documentation must be mailed or hand delivered:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship: state/county birth record, passport, naturalization papers
- Copy of Illinois OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certificate
- Copy of valid CPAT and ladder climb dated 11/9/2021 – 11/10/2022
- Copy of EMT- P License (if in possession)
Mandatory Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Thursday, October 27, 2022. Please arrive with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Additional details will be provided to applicants deemed eligible to sit for the exam. No late admittance.
Cherry Valley FPD Station 2,
4919 Blackhawk Road
Candidates who pass the written examination will be required to participate in the oral interviews. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for November 9th and November 10th. It is your responsibility to ensure you have availability to attend the interviews on these dates. Additional details regarding the oral interviews will be supplied at a later date.
An applicant’s overall combined written examination and oral interview score must be 70% or higher to be placed on the final eligibility list. All portions of the application and testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number – save this number for your records. You will also have to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 9/27/2022. All application fees are non-refundable.
All communications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.