Channahon Fire Protection District
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
The online application and required documentation must be received by 2:00 PM on February 1, 2019
- $35.00 non refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 years of age to under 35 years of age by date of hire, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Must be an Illinois Certified Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OFSM)
- Must have a valid and current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Paramedic License at time of hire
- Must reside within the State of Illinois
- No felony convictions
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb issued by a licensed agency as of date of written exam. CPAT and Ladder Climb considered valid only if issued within 12 months PRIOR to 3/2/19. Must have a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate at time of hire as well. Certifications are accepted from all licensed agencies.
Required Documentation due February 1, 2019 (not accepted via email or fax):
Consent and release agreement
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid driver’s license
Copy of birth record
Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certification
Copy of IL OSFM Basic Operations Firefighter certification
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, March 2, 2019. Sign-in begins at 7:30 AM. Arrive no later than 8:00 AM. Testing will take place in Channahon, IL.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 2/1/19. Application fees are non-refundable.