Carpentersville Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, July 9, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain a class B Non CDL
- Minimum age of 21 or maximum age of 35 at time of written examination, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be an Illinois Certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) due at time of appointment
- Must have a valid and current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) or National Registry EMT-Basic license at time of application deadline (EMT-P due at time of appointment)
- Must have current and valid CPAT and Ladder Climb dated within one year prior to the date of the written exam (valid if issued 8/7/2020- 8/7/2021).
- Online Application
- Consent and Release Agreement (2 pages)
- COPY of High School Diploma or GED
- COPY of Valid Driver’s License
- COPY of Birth Record as Proof of Citizenship
- COPY of Illinois Basic/Firefighter II Certification (must be issued by the OSFM) due at time of appointment
- COPY of Valid IDPH/National Registry EMT-B License (EMT- P due at time of appointment)
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb (valid if issued 8/7/2020- 8/7/2021)
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written exam on Saturday, August 7, 2021. Sign-in begins at 8:30 AM and closes at 9:00 AM – no late admittance allowed. Test will be held at: Carpentersville Public Works Building, 1075 Tamarac Drive, Carpentersville, IL 60110.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 7/9/2021 at 2:00 PM CST.
No refunds will be given for any reason!