Berwyn Fire Department
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Starting Salary in 2024: $76,256.46
The department will be filling four (4) immediate openings!
Application Deadline: December 20, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
- $25 Non-refundable application fee
- Candidates without Illinois Certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal must successfully complete the fire academy and obtain a FFII/BOF certificate issued by the OSFM. The City of Berwyn will assume the costs of the fire academy. Those who already holding a FFII/BOF at the time of hire may be exempt
- 21 to under 35 years of age at time of written exam
- Certified Illinois Department of Public Health Paramedic at time of conditional offer of employment
- Must gain approval into Loyola Hospital EMS System upon employment at time of conditional offer of employment
- Must have a valid CPAT AND Ladder Climb Certification by date of written examination
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license (must have Illinois Driver’s License at time of conditional offer and maintain license during the course of employment with the City of Berwyn)
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- As a condition of employment, must be reside in Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane, McHenry, or Will County by the end of probationary period and throughout the course of employment
Required Documentation due by 4:00 p.m. on 12/20/2023:
- Submission of an online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and Release Forms (available after purchase)
- City of Berwyn Authorization and Release Forms (available after purchase)
- Physical Fitness Certificate (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship or legal authorization to work in the U.S.: may include county/state issued birth record, US passport, Naturalization Papers, or Permanent resident card
- Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb Certificate(s) dated 1/20/2023 – 1/20/2024 (due at time of exam)
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on January 20, 2024. Testing location and sign-in times will be provided to eligible candidates.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (12/20/23 at 4:00 PM). You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.
All communications will come from IOS via email at re*********@io*********.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) frequently for time sensitive notices.