Bartlett Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2024 at 2:00 p.m.
Annual Salary: $77,704 – $110,071
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens at time of the application.
- Every applicant must be of good moral character, and physically and psychologically able to perform the essential job functions of the applied for position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license at time of hire.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of their original appointment and have not reached their 35th birthday as of the last date that the applications are due. Applicants will be exempt from the age-35 hiring requirements as permitted by 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6(a) & (d) and 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-14, as those statutory Sections may be amended from time to time.
- Applicants must be legally capable of obtaining an Illinois Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card.
- No residency requirement.
- Previous Bartlett Police Department applicants are eligible to re-apply.
- Body piercing, other than ear piercing, must not be visible. Intentional branding and/or scarring are PROHIBITED and MAY NOT be covered with bandages, make-up or additional clothing while wearing a short-sleeved uniform. Restrictions are also in place for hair styles, facial hair, and any facial modifications that deviate from conventional anatomical features such as earlobe gauges, sub-dermal implants, tongue piercing, etc.
- Visible tattoos are permitted except on the head, neck, face, ears, fingers and hands. Lower arm tattoos may extend down no further than a line around the circumference of the wrist measured at the wrist bone (the prominent head of the ulna as it meets the wrist below the litter finder). Tattoos that are prejudicial to good order and discipline, or that of a nature to bring discredit upon law enforcement, are prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, tattoos that are drug-related, gang-related, extremists, obscene or indecent, sexist, or racist. Prospective employees shall provide information on all their tattoos to include the location and the nature of the tattoos. The Chief of Police or his/her designees will make the final determination, in accordance with Department policy, as to whether an applicants’ tattoo(s) complies with Department policy.
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Supplemental authorization & release form (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – may include: U.S. county/state birth record, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Papers.
Orientation and Testing:
There is no orientation session. Your written examination will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered during business hours the week of April 1, 2024 – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times.
Applicants must attain a passing score of 70.00 on the written examination in order to continue with the entry-level police officer testing process. Candidates who fail to achieve a passing grade will be notified in writing and eliminated from the current testing process.
Application Process Information:
When you complete your online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print the required release forms and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 3/1/2024.
All communications from IOS will come from re*********@io*********.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your spam folder frequently!
Application fees are non-refundable.
The Village of Bartlett is an Equal Opportunity Employer