Bartlett Fire District
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, October 7, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $72,049
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship, or eligible to work in the United States
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) at time of application
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing
- Be at least twenty (20) years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of the scheduled orientation except as otherwise provided by statute. Note that the minimum age for appointment for the position of firefighter/paramedic is twenty-one (21)
- Attend orientation and all phases of testing
- Obtain a passing score on a written test
- Pass a polygraph test
- Pass a thorough background investigation
- Pass a medical examination, a psychological assessment, and a functional physical evaluation
- Be certified as a Basic Operations Firefighter issued by the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal at time of application
- Licensed as a National registry or Illinois EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, or EMT-Paramedic at time of application. Must be licensed paramedic or in paramedic training program to be considered for immediate hire
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Exercise within the one-year period prior to the date of the written exam. Certifications are considered valid if issued 11/5/2021 – 11/5/2022. Certifications are accepted from all licensed agencies
Required Documentation due by 2:00 p.m. on 10/7/2022 (must be received by IOS Recruitment – documentation must be hand delivered or mailed):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Disclosure and authorization forms (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record or legal authorization to work in U.S. May include: county/state issued birth record, U.S. passport, naturalization papers or permanent resident card
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certification dated 11/5/2021-11/5/2022 (due at time of exam)
- Copy of OSFM Basic Operations Firefighter Certification – certificates issued outside OSFM will not be accepted
- Copy of National Registry or Illinois EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic license
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, November 5, 2022. Doors will open for sign-in at 8:00 AM, please arrive no later than 8:30 AM. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Testing will take place in Bartlett, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates prior to the exam date.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print the required release forms and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by October 7, 2022 at 2:00 PM. Application fees are non-refundable!
All communications will come from IOS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) frequently for time sensitive notices.