Barrington Police Department
Pre-Certified Police Officer
Application Deadline: March 13, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizen
- Be a current, full-time, sworn, Illinois municipal police officer, Illinois state
trooper, or Illinois county sheriff’s deputy who possesses a State of Illinois
certification according to Illinois law with at least two years of continuous
service with current department and be in good standing at time of hire.
- Also must possess substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a current Barrington police officer with the same experience
- Must be age 21 at date of hire
- Maximum of 34 years of age at time of application (except as otherwise provided by Illinois law)
- High graduate or equivalent
- At least 60 hours of college credits with a “C” average or better
- Valid driver’s license (valid Illinois driver’s license due by date of hire)
- Must pass the police officer wellness (POWER) test administered by the Barrington Police Department
Required Documentation due 3/13/2019 at 4:00 PM – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and release agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – U.S. County/State birth record, U.S. passport, and/or naturalization papers accepted as proof
- Original/Official college transcripts
- Copy of Full-Time Police Officer Certification issued from the State of Illinois
Candidates must attend the POWER test and written examination on Saturday, April 6, 2019. Power test will be conducted at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at Barrington High School. Written Examination will be conducted at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at the Barrington PD.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on March 13, 2019. No refunds for late or incomplete submissions.