Barrington Police Department
Police Officer Job Application 2019
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019 at 4:00 PM
The department offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a starting salary of $68,414!
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license (valid IL driver’s license due by date of hire)
- Minimum age of 20 at the last date for filing an application (5/30/2019), must be 21 at date of hire. Maximum of 34 years of age at time of application (5/30/2019), unless otherwise provided by Illinois law
- At least 60 hours of college credits with a “C” average or better by the date of hire
- Must pass the police officer wellness (POWER) test administered by the Barrington Police Department
Required Documentation due 5/30/2019 at 4:00 PM – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Confirmed and completed online application
- Consent and release agreement (2 pages)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of U.S. birth record and/or Proof of Citizenship
- Original/Official college transcripts
Candidates must attend the POWER test and written examination on Saturday, June 29, 2019. Sign-in begins at 5:30 AM and closes at 6:00 AM – no late admittance. Test will be held at Barrington High School, 616 W. Main Street, Barrington IL 60010.
The POWER test will begin promptly at 6:00 AM. Applicants must pass the POWER test administered by Barrington PD to be eligible to sit for the written exam. The written exam will begin at 9:00 AM. Candidates are not allowed to leave the testing grounds. It is highly recommended that you bring a beverage and snack as testing is expected to take several hours.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on May 30, 2019.