Barrington Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, May 7, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license (valid IL driver’s license due by date of hire)
- Minimum age of 20 at the last date for filing an application, must be 21 at date of hire. Maximum of 34 years of age at time of application (5/7/2021), unless otherwise provided by Illinois law
- At least 60 hours of college credits with a “C” average or better by the date of hire
- Must pass the police officer wellness (POWER) test administered by the Barrington Police Department
- Compliance with the Barrington Police Department’s Appearance policy. Specifically no visible tattoos allowed.
Required Documentation due 5/7/2021 at 2:00 PM – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Confirmed and completed online application
- Consent and release agreement (2 pages)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of U.S. birth record and/or Proof of Citizenship
- Original/Official college transcripts
Candidates must attend the POWER test and a written examination- details will be provided to those eligible to test.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on Friday, May 7, 2021. No refunds!