Barrington Police Department
Certified Police Officer
Application Deadline: Friday, May 7, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizen
- Be a current, full-time, sworn, Illinois municipal police officer, Illinois state trooper, or Illinois county sheriff’s deputy who possesses a State of Illinois certification according to Illinois law with at least two years of continuous service with current department and be in good standing at time of hire.
- Also must possess substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a current Barrington police officer with the same experience
- Must be age 21 at date of hire
- Maximum of 34 years of age at time of application (except as otherwise provided by Illinois law)
- High graduate or equivalent
- At least 60 hours of college credits with a “C” average or better
- Valid driver’s license (valid Illinois driver’s license due by date of hire)
- Must pass the police officer wellness (POWER) test administered by the Barrington Police Department
Required Documentation due 5/7/2021 at 2:00 PM – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and release agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – U.S. County/State birth record, U.S. passport, and/or naturalization papers accepted as proof
- Original/Official college transcripts
- Copy of Full-Time Police Officer Certification issued from the State of Illinois
Phases of the selection process include a physical fitness test (POWER), and an oral interview. Applicants must pass the POWER test administered by the Barrington Police Department to be eligible for the Fire & Police Commission interview. Additional details will be provided to those eligible. When positions are available, conditional offers of employment will be extended based on the successful completion of all of the following: polygraph examination, psychological screening, physical examination, and an extensive background investigation.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 5/7/2021. No refunds for late or incomplete submissions.