Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
The starting pay for a Firefighter effective January 1, 2020 is $68,621
- $25 non-refundable application processing fee
- Possess a high school diploma
- No felony convictions
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be 21 years old by date of written exam; maximum age of under 35 years unless the age limit is reached after being placed on the Eligibility List (unless otherwise exempt)
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicants must submit proof of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Approved Ladder Climb card from a licensed agency issued between November 6, 2019 – November 6, 2020
- Vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes and free from color blindness
- Pass comprehensive pre-employment screening process to include: background investigation, polygraph, psychological and medical examination with drug testing
Required documentation (must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on 9/30/2020, no email/fax accepted):
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Release Forms and Application Addendum (18 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of valid CPAT/Ladder Climb Certificate – must be dated 11/6/2019 – 11/6/2020
- Copy of Military DD-214, if applicable
- EEO Form, optional
An optional orientation will be held on September 3, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. The orientation will be presented through Zoom Meeting. Meeting details will be provided to those who have purchased an application by Friday, September 18, 2020. The orientation will be recorded and made available to anyone interested in learning more about the department and the position of firefighter.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, your exam will be offered electronically and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered during business hours within the 1st week of November – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 9/30/2020.