Application Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
The starting pay for a Firefighter effective January 1, 2022 is $71,778
- $25 non-refundable application processing fee
- Possess a high school diploma
- No felony convictions
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be 21 years old by date of written exam; maximum age of under 35 years unless the age limit is reached after being placed on the Eligibility List (unless otherwise exempt)
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicants must submit proof of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Approved Ladder Climb card from a licensed agency issued between November 4, 2021 – November 4, 2022
- Vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes and free from color blindness
- Pass comprehensive pre-employment screening process to include: background investigation, polygraph, psychological and medical examination with drug testing
Required documentation (must be submitted by 2:00 p.m. on 9/30/2022, no email/fax accepted):
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Release Forms and Application Addendum (18 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of valid CPAT/Ladder Climb Certificate – must be dated 11/4/2021- 11/4/2022
- Copy of Military DD-214, if applicable
- EEO Form, optional
An optional orientation will be held on the week of September 12, 2022. The orientation will be presented through Zoom Meeting. Meeting details will be provided to those who have purchased an application a week prior to the orientation date. The orientation will be recorded and made available to anyone interested in learning more about the department and the position of firefighter.
Your exam will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. Testing will be offered during business hours within the week of November 7, 2022 – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times. At the end of October/early November you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for the exam. Please read through the instructions carefully before your exam date. Failure to follow the steps outlined may cause the electronic exam to not work properly, potentially resulting in your removal from the testing session. For additional information on what is required for the virtual testing click here.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 9/30/2022.