Carpentersville Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019 at 2:00 PM CST
Carpentersville has an immediate opening to fill- apply today!
The starting salary for Full-time Firefighter/Paramedics is $63,918
*There is 5% educational incentive if the minimum educational requirements are met in accordance with Article 28 of the IAFF 4790 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain a class B Non CDL
- Minimum age of 21 or maximum age of 35 at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be an Illinois Certified Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM)
- Must have a valid and current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) or National Registry EMT-Basic license at time of application deadline (EMT-P due at time of appointment)
- Must have current and valid CPAT and Ladder Climb dated within one year prior to the date of the written exam
- Online Application
- Consent and Release Agreement (2 pages)
- COPY of High School Diploma or GED
- COPY of Valid Driver’s License
- COPY of Birth Record as Proof of Citizenship
- COPY of Illinois Basic/Firefighter II Certification (must be issued by the OSFM)
- COPY of Valid IDPH/National Registry EMT-B License or EMT- P
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb
Must be dated between May 9, 2018 – May 9, 2019
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written exam on Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM. Sign-in begins at 5:30 PM and closes at 6:00 PM – no late admittance allowed. Test will be held at: Carpentersville Public Works Building, 1075 Tamarac Drive, Carpentersville, IL 60110.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4/26/2019 at 2:00 PM CST.